Established in 1817, the village that eventually became Flint was a thriving settlement where logging flourished. In 1839, the Reverend Daniel Brown came to Detroit to shepherd a congregation of worshippers in a small wooden tabernacle, the first Episcopal Church. As Flint blossomed, so did the congregation. Many of Flint’s early influencers were included in St. Paul’s faith community.
Our current building, on Saginaw Street in the heart of downtown Flint, was built in 1872 by renowned gothic church architect Gordon Lloyd. Stones for the new building were brought on sledges drawn over the ice of the Flint River.
In 2015, we called our current rector, the Rev. Dan Scheid. With Father Dan, we are working to realize the dream of God with our wisdom of our past and our imagination for the future.